Reminder: Call for submissions for Nude Photo Revolutionaries Calendar
- Posted by Maryam Namazie
- On December 14, 2011
- 5 Comments
- Aliaa Magda Elmahdy
I just wanted to give everyone an update on the Nude Photo Revolutionaries Calendar in support of Egyptian student, atheist and blogger, Aliaa Magda Elmahdy, 20, who posted nude photos of herself on her blog to show her ‘screams against a society of violence, racism, sexism, sexual harassment and hypocrisy’.
As I mentioned before, there has been a huge amount of interest in the project. Those who have already agreed to submit nude photos include SlutWalk co-founder Sonya JF Barnett, blogger Greta Christina, campaigner Maryam Namazie, comedian Shabana Rehman, philosopher Daniel Salvatore Schiffer and columnist Joan Smith.
There will be a panel of judges, including the ‘Muslim Madonna’ Deeyah, to decide on unsolicited entries.
Here is a reminder of terms and conditions in case you are thinking of submitting a photo:
* Women and men 18+ are invited to send in submissions for inclusion.
* The submission must include a short quote on why you are supporting Aliaa and joining the ‘scream’.
* You will need to show your face in the photo and provide a full name.
* The photos must feature real and not implied nudity as it is real nudity that is considered taboo.
* It needs to address an issue pertaining to free speech, secularism or rights and against misogyny and Islamism.
* The photo must be professionally taken and not published anywhere else. It can be a self-portrait.
* It has to be of high quality and no less than 300 dpi, at a size of 11×17.
* The photo should be in black and white.
* The photos should be free from massive Photoshop manipulation.
* The photographer will be credited.
We’ve created a DropBox to ensure that the photo quality is not compromised. Once you email saying your photo is ready, you will receive details of the DropBox, which is a virtual storage location where people can be invited to a private box where their files can be shared.
We will then ask you and the photographer to sign a release form if we decide to use it.
Sonya JF Barnett will be designing the calendar.
The deadline for submissions is 1 March 2012 but it would be helpful if we could get submissions in as soon as possible. The sooner we get all the photos, the sooner we can design the calendar and get it out, preferably for 8 March, International Women’s Day.
For more information on the calendar, please contact me at nudephotorevolutionaries[@]gmail[.]com.