We will show them whose day 11 February (22 Bahman) is… It is ours!
- Posted by Maryam Namazie
- On February 9, 2010
- 0 Comments
February 11 or 22 Bahman is the anniversary of the 1979 Iranian revolution – a left-leaning revolution against the Shah and for freedom and prosperity, which was crushed by the Islamic movement.
But since history is written by the victors, this failed revolution is often called an ‘Islamic’ one. And every year, on this day, the Islamic regime of Iran holds commemorative rallies to mark ‘its’ day.
But not this time.
This time, the tide has turned and on Thursday 11 February 2010 the people in Iran and those standing in solidarity with them across the globe will come out in their millions to reclaim history and push forward the present-day revolutionary movement that aims to end 30 years of Islamic medievalism and drag Iran into the 21st century.
‘…If history is the story of change, then real history is the history of the undefeated – the history of the movement and people who still want and are struggling for change, the history of those who are not willing to bury their ideals and hopes of a human society, the history of people and movements that are not at liberty of choosing their principles and aims and have no choice but to strive for improvements…’ (Mansoor Hekmat, The History of the Undefeated, http://hekmat.public-archive.net/en/0910en.html.
On 11 February and everyday until we are rid of this vile regime, join us and be part of real human history in the making…
1. Join us on 11 February in front of the embassies of the Islamic regime. You can find out more about some of the many events being held here.
2. Send a letter of protest to the Islamic regime of Iran over recent and impending executions. As you know, two young men Mohammad Reza Ali Zamani and Arash Rahmanipour were executed at dawn Thursday, January 28 for the ‘crime’ of ‘enmity against god’. For details, click here.
3. Support Iran Solidarity and its demands by signing up to our petition.
4. Sign up to the Manifesto of Liberation of Women in Iran.
5. Join our daily acts of solidarity with the people of Iran. Since Monday July 27, we have organised acts of solidarity EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is easy to join in – just videotape or photograph yourself doing something and send it to us to upload to our blog. You can see other acts here.
6. Join rallies and events in various cities against the executions and the Islamic regime of Iran, including every Saturday. You can find out about such protests on our blog.
7. Set up Iran Solidarity groups in your neighbourhoods, workplaces, universities and cities. So far we have groups in Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany, Norway, Sweden and the UK. Like the solidarity committees during the anti-apartheid era, these committees can be instrumental but we need many more in every city in the world for that to happen.
8. For more information or to send in your daily acts of solidarity, contact:
BM Box 2387
London WC1N 3XX, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 7719166731