A few calls for help
- Posted by Maryam Namazie
- On March 18, 2013
- 0 Comments
- atheist, ex-muslim, execution, Iran
Protest executions in Iran
Kamil Alboshoka, a human geography student at Kingston University has asked that I publicise his campaign to defend 5 Ahwazi Arabs facing execution in Iran, including members of his family and friends. Mohammad Ali Amouri, Sayed Jaber Alboshoka and his brother Sayed Mokhtar Alboshoka, and teachers Hashem Sha’bani Amouri, and Hadi Rashidi (or Rashedi) are charged with “enmity against god” and “corruption on earth”. Here are details of where you can write your protest letters.
Write for Ex-Muslim Anthology
The wonderful Allat is putting together an anthology of personal stories of Ex-Muslims. Profits from the anthology will go to the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain.
If you’re interested:
– Write your own story of how you came to leave Islam and what the consequences have been for you. It can be published under a pseudonym. All stories must be factual and based on one’s own life experiences.
– Your piece should be between 800-2000 words long (about 3-8 pages, double spaced).
– Stories of women, LGBTI people, former converts, and those still living Islamic-majority countries are encouraged, though all stories are welcome.
– She can help put together your story if you need help.
– Deadline for submitting your story is 31 May 2013.
If you know other ex-Muslims who would like to be part of this anthology, feel free to send them the text of this post and have them email her at email@example.com to propose their story.
If you are planning to be part of this anthology, let me know as soon as you can. I will be keeping a tally of who’s going to be in it so I can plan the structure of the book. Please do NOT wait till May to let me know if you’ll be part of it.
This is a great opportunity if you have a story to tell the world about your apostasy and its effects on your life, and you don’t want to have to write your own book. It’s also a great way for all of us to give back to the CEMB as any and all proceeds will be going towards this organization.
One point to remember: this is to include Ex-Muslim ATHEISTS, AGNOSTICS, DEISTS, PANTHEISTS, HUMANISTS etc. I am not looking for Ex-Muslim Christians as there are already some books on the market about them. This book will be promoted within Atheist/Skeptic communities.
Participate in survey on atheists
There is only one week left to participate in a survey unique to atheists and other non-religious people. The survey intends to understand your experiences as an atheist, including your involvement (if any) with secular organizations and your perceptions of discrimination and prejudice (if any) against you as an atheist. To participate in this survey, or to learn more about this study, click here.